Calculating How Much Solar Panels Will Save You
Calculating how much solar panels will save is the most asked question to solar companies.
Unfortunately it is not super simple to calculate exactly how much money installing a solar system will save on your power bill.
There are important variables that need to be considered such as:
- your location in Australia
- any shading on your solar panels
- what direction your solar panels are orientated
- the pitch or tilt angle your solar panels are mounted at
- the price per unit you are paying for your electricity consumption
- the price per unit you are being paid for your electricity export
- the time of day you consume the solar energy your solar system is generating
Summary of Estimated Savings By State
We have prepared a table that makes some assumptions for the aforementioned variables to come up with an easy guide on solar payback and solar savings.
|State||Year 1 Average Savings||Payback Period|
Here are the assumptions we have made to come up with the above table.
|State||City||Shading||Orientation Angle||Tilt Angle||Energy Buy Price||Energy Sell Price||%Solar Exported||Purchase Price||System Size|
Email us here if you have any comments or questions.